Trump Pulls Plug on Harris’ Secret Service

President Donald Trump revoked former Vice President Kamala Harris’ Secret Service protection.

Former vice presidents often receive six months of protection after leaving office, according to federal law. The six-month period ended on July 21.

“You are hereby authorized to discontinue any security-related procedures previously authorized by Executive Memorandum, beyond those required by law, for the following individual, effective September 1, 2025: Former Vice President Kamala D. Harris,” Trump’s letter, obtained by CNN, reads.

A Harris senior adviser, Kirsten Allen, told the outlet that Harris is “grateful to the United States Secret Service for their professionalism, dedication, and unwavering commitment to safety.”

CNN’s report noted that the security withdrawal comes as Harris is set to begin her book tour.

Harris announced in July that she would not be running for California Governor. “In recent months, I have given serious though to asking the people of California for the privilege to serve as their Governor.”

“I love this state, its people, and its promise. It is my home. But after deep reflection, I’ve decided that I will not run for Governor in this election,” she said at the time.

“For now, my leadership — and public service — will not be in elected office,” she continued. “I look forward to getting back out and listening to the American people, helping elect Democrats across the nation who will fight fearlessly, and sharing more details in the months ahead about my own plans.”

Earlier this year, President Trump revoked security clearances from several former officials, including Harris.

MORE STORIES