A surgeon in California claims that he doesn’t have an age requirement to perform an operation on those desiring to alter their gender.
- Dr. Scott Mosser, located in San Francisco, Calif., claims that while he follows protocol seriously, he will operate on minors if their case makes an exception, The Blaze reported.
- “The Gender Confirmation Center and Dr. Scott Mosser have some of the strictest criteria in the USA for operating on people below the age of 18,” his website states. “If the criteria are met, then the surgeons of the GCC will perform some forms of gender surgery on adolescents, and only with full consent of all legal guardians.”
- According to the site, Dr. Mosser “has performed FTM/N top surgery on many patients under 18 who were able to secure their surgery using insurance.”
- The center in which he performs the operations uses terms such as “gender confirmation surgery” and “gender affirming care.”
CALIFORNIA DOCTOR ON PERFORMING GENDER SURGERIES ON MINORS:
“I do not have a minimum age of any sort in my practice. There’s no chronological age that says you don’t get surgery,” Mosser said.
- Earlier this year, The White House threatened to hold states “accountable” for passing laws that protect children from irreversible procedures used to transition genders.
- “President Biden has committed in both words and actions to fight for all Americans and will not hesitate to hold these states accountable,” former White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said at the time.
- Psaki claimed that “every major medical association agrees that gender-affirming health care for transgender kids is a best practice and potentially lifesaving.”