“Your freedom of expression of yourselves in drag is what America is all about.”
- Nancy Pelosi recently made an appearance on Ru Paul’s Drag Race, claiming that men in drag signify “what America is all about,” according to a report from Information Liberation.
- The House Speaker expressed her gratitude to the drag competitors for the “beauty [they] bring to the world,” reflecting the “freedom of expression of [themselves] in drag is what America is all about.”
- Pelosi used the moment to encourage the drag competitors to vote in the upcoming midterm elections, stating the imperative they make “their voices and vote heard.”
- “The single most important thing I can say is to vote,” Pelosi said. “With the midterm elections coming up it’s very important for people to make their voices and their vote heard.”
- Ru Paul also recognized Pelosi for her anti-American sentiments, thanking her for the “work [she continues] to do tirelessly for our freedom.”
REACTIONS TO DRAG “EXPRESSION”:
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) served as a judge on Ru Paul’s Drag Race in 2020, where she pledged “allegiance to the drag.”
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis frequently criticizes the ongoing efforts to expose children to drag experiences and propaganda, saying it is “totally inappropriate” and threatening to take action against those who expose children to the material.
- Florida Representative Anthony Sabatini, following Governor DeSantis, plans to create legislation that would potentially “terminate the parental rights” of adults bringing children to drag events.
- Texas Representative Bryan Slaton proposed legislation aimed at “protecting kids from drag shows and other inappropriate displays.”
- Drag Queen Story Hours have remained controversial since 2018, the most recent incident occurring in San Lorenzo, California, after a group entered a library and began threatening the drag queen.
- The catalyst for recent outrage was the “Drag Your Kids to Pride” event, held in Dallas, Texas, at a gay bar. Drag queens stood in front of a sign reading, “It’s Not Gonna Lick Itself,” sparking parental uproar from outside protestors.