MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell says he plans to sue Kevin McCarthy for only allowing Tucker Carlson to have access to footage of the U.S. Capitol from January 6, 2021.
- Mike Lindell, the CEO of MyPillow, said he intends to sue House Speaker Kevin McCarthy after he gave sole access to January 6 footage to Fox News host Tucker Carlson.
- Lindell argued that the move was a “violation of the freedom of the press” in the First Amendment and the Fourteenth Amendment’s Equal Protection Clause.
- The MyPillow CEO argued that Fox News filters many controversial topics and couldn’t be a trusted source to obtain the footage.
- “Fox News will get to put whatever out they see fit,” Lindell said. “We don’t even know what they’re filtering! Really? Fox is going to be the filter to the world? Not gonna happen on my watch.”
MYPILLOW CEO MIKE LINDELL ON FOX NEWS OBTAINING JAN 6 FOOTAGE:
“Why does just Fox get this? So they can cover it up even more? It’s disgusting. All of us, including War Room, we all need to see what’s on those tapes, and we need to see all of them,” Lindell said.
- McCarthy provided Carlson earlier this month with exclusive access to the 41,000 hours of surveillance footage captured during the riot at the U.S. Capitol.
- The archive reportedly includes multiple camera angles from all over Capitol grounds and is going to be used to create excerpts for Carlson’s shows.
- In January 2023, McCarthy told reporters that he intended to release all the security footage from Jan 6 so Americans could “see what happened that day.”
- “I think the public should see what happened on that day. I watched what Nancy Pelosi did, where she politicized it. Where for the first time in the history as a Speaker, not allowing the minority to appoint to a committee. We watched the politicization of this. I think the American public should actually see what happened instead of a report that’s written on a political basis,” the House Speaker said at the time.