New York’s Attorney General sent a letter this month threatening a Christian Church over hosting a Trump-friendly event.
- Letitia James, the Attorney General who has shown her disapproval for former President Trump on multiple occasions in the past, has gone to new extremes.
- After Cornerstone Church offered to host a conservative event, James wrote a letter on Aug. 3 addressed to event organizer Clay Clark and speaker General Michael Flynn.
- “As New York’s top law enforcement officer, I have significant concerns that the ReAwaken America’s Tour’s upcoming event at the Cornerstone Church in Batavia, New York on August 12 and 13 could spur extremist or racially motivated violence,” James wrote.
NEW YORK AG LETITIA JAMES ON THE EVENT:
“I am especially concerned about featured speakers’ regular allusions to white nationalist ideals connected to the “Great Replacement Theory,” James said.
- James, who immediately began cursing and threatening President Donald Trump after her election in November 2018, still hasn’t found a crime against him but nevertheless works tirelessly to press charges against the former president to this day.
- “What Letitia James has tried to do the last three years is a disgrace to the legal system, an affront to New York State taxpayers, and a violation of the solemn rights and protections afforded by the United States Constitution,” Trump said in a statement.
- Former President Trump also invoked his Fifth Amendment rights earlier this month during his deposition as part of New York Attorney General Letitia James’ civil investigation following the Mar-a-Lago FBI raid.
- “I did nothing wrong, which is why, after five years of looking, the Federal, State and local governments, together with the Fake News Media, have found nothing,” Trump said. “We cannot permit a renegade and out-of-control prosecutor to use this investigation as a means of advancing her political career. New York deserves better, and this Country deserves better. This is a vindictive and self-serving fishing expedition, the likes of which our Country has never seen before.”