Whole Foods Founder John Mackey says “socialists are taking over” the United States.
- During a podcast interview with Reason Magazine, Mackey claimed socialists are slowly taking over every facet of American life.
- “My concern is that I feel like socialists are taking over,” Mackey said. “They’re marching through the institutions. They’re… taking over education. It looks like they’ve taken over a lot of the corporations. It looks like they’ve taken over the military. And it’s just continuing.”
- Mackey has argued that capitalism is the “greatest thing humanity has ever done,” and claims the academic community is “generally hostile to business.”
WHOLE FOODS CEO ON LIBERTIES UNDER ATTACK IN THE US:
“I feel like, you know, with the way freedom of speech is today, the movement on gun control, a lot of the liberties that I’ve taken for granted most of my life, I think, are under threat,” Mackey said.
- Mackey has described his approach of maintaining American business culture as “conscious capitalism” and has been outspoken over his capitalistic views.
- “You know, I’m a capitalist at heart, and I believe in liberty and capitalism. Those are my twin values,” Mackey said.
- The CEO says once he retires from his role at the end of August he will become much more vocal about his beliefs.