A group of organizations unite to lobby against a new bill that would legalize infanticide in the state of California.
- Organizations in California have organized a Sacramento Lobby Day in protest against a new bill, A.B. 2223, which will legalize the killing of born babies.
- Concerned citizens from across the state will join together at the California State Capital on Tuesday, April 19 to take a stand against the bill.
- The groups will take to the capital steps for a press conference and then to visit assemblymembers’ offices.
REASON BEHIND THE LOBBY DAY:
- On Tuesday, April 5th, the CA Assembly Judiciary Committee voted to pass A.B. 2223, a new bill that will legalize infanticide in the state of California.
- This unprecedented bill says that a person will not be “subject to civil or criminal liability or penalty” based on their actions “with respect to their pregnancy or actual, potential, or alleged pregnancy outcome, including miscarriage, stillbirth, or abortion, or perinatal death.”
- The groups are urging Californians not only to make phone calls and emails, but to partake in the lobby day by walking into the offices of the voting legislators.
- A.B. 2223 goes beyond any other pro-abortion bill to undermine the value of life and legalize murder, according to the groups.
- For more information and to learn how you can register for the event: https://intercom.help/real-impact/en/articles/6119818-a-b-2223-lobby-day.