The campaign honors Mulvaney’s first full year of openly being a transgender woman.
- Biological male and transgender TikTok celebrity Dylan Mulvaney has become the newest spokesperson for Bud Light.
- The campaign serves as a celebration of Mulvaney’s “365 Days of Girlhood.”
- “Happy March Madness!! Just found out this had to do with sports and not just saying it’s a crazy month! In celebration of this sports thing @budlight is giving you the chance to win $15,000! Share a video with #EasyCarryContest for a chance to win!! Good luck! #budlightpartner,” Mulvaney posted on Instagram.
- Another campaign video showed Mulvaney in a bathtub drinking a Bud Light.
REACTIONS TO THE CAMPAIGN:
- “Might genuinely be the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen in my life,” wrote Stephen Miller of The Spectator.
- “This isn’t a parody. Dylan Mulvaney is now the face of Bud Light,” journalist Ian Miles Cheong Tweeted.
- Radio Host Erick Erickson similarly tweeted, “Is the Bud Light thing an April Fool’s joke? I mean it is trash beer, but given the constituent demo of Bud Light drinkers, it seems like a terrible marketing thing.”
- Bud Light brand owner Anheuser-Busch told Fox News that the partnership between the beer company and Mulvaney helps “authentically connect with audiences.”
- “Anheuser-Busch works with hundreds of influencers across our brands as one of many ways to authentically connect with audiences across various demographics and passion points. From time to time, we produce unique commemorative cans for fans and for brand influencers, like Dylan Mulvaney,” said an Anheuser-Busch spokesperson.
- “This commemorative can was a gift to celebrate a personal milestone and is not for sale to the general public,” the spokesperson continued.