President Biden faced backlash after reading “dot” out loud while trying to share a website regarding his student debt relief plan.
- President Joe Biden was ridiculed after reading aloud the word ‘dot’ in a website URL when reading from a teleprompter in a speech regarding his student debt relief plan.
- “Biden is so gone that he will literally read ANY WORDS they put on the teleprompter in front of him. ‘reportfraud D-O-T F-T-C dot gov.’,” Washington Times columnist Tim Young tweeted.
- The President announced the launch of an online application for those who qualify for student loan relief as well as the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) website for reporting suspected fraud.
RNC RESEARCHER RAPID RESPONSE DIRECTOR ON BIDEN’S GAFFE:
“Can’t make this up. They put the word ‘dot’ in the teleprompter and he literally got so confused he spelt it out instead of just saying ‘dot,’” PigOTT said.
- In July 2022, Biden was mocked for his flub in reading instructions when giving a speech on “protecting women’s reproductive rights.”
- “It is noteworthy that the percentage of women who register to vote and cast a ballot is consistently higher than the percentage of the men who do so—end of quote, repeat the line,” Biden said while reading a teleprompter.
- Biden was met with criticism on Twitter following the incident.