The Biden administration will now be giving free cell phones to illegal immigrants coming across the U.S. border.
- The White House confirmed Wednesday that the Biden administration will be providing cell phones at no cost to those coming into the country illegally.
- According to press secretary Jen Psaki, the purpose of giving the phones away is to monitor the whereabouts of illegal immigrants.
- “We need to take steps to ensure that we know where individuals are and we can track and check in with them,” Psaki said.
TEXAS CONGRESSMAN MICHAEL CLOUD:
“I’m sure there’s a lot of Americans who would also like a free phone who have not broken the law to come into this country.”
- Critics took to Twitter to express their disapproval of the initiative and the impact it will have on taxpayers.
- “So the Biden administration not only is giving free transportation all over the country for illegals, it is now giving illegals phones while bracing for 18k new illegals arriving every day. That’s a lot of free phones at our expense,” one user tweeted.
- This comes as the Biden administration prepares to drop the Title 42 public health provision on May 23, preparing Border Patrol agents for an even greater influx of illegal immigrants in the coming months.