Arizona’s highest court will consider Lake’s petition on March 21.
- After Republican Kari Lake filed a “Motion To Expedite” her election lawsuit case, the Arizona Supreme Court agreed to expedite the hearing.
- Lake’s filing stated that “expeditious action to resolve these issues is needed to safeguard Arizona voters’ right to free and equal elections.”
- Lake’s motion also noted, “The court of appeals’ Opinion denying petitioner Kari Lake’s appeal ruled that Arizona election laws don’t matter.”
- In response to Lake’s filing, Arizona’s highest court “grant[ed] the motion for expedited consideration” and ordered defendants to “file a response” by March 13.
- During the March 21 “internal conference,” the state supreme court will “decide whether to accept review and schedule an oral argument.”
AZ SC Order – Lake v Hobbs by Jordan Conradson
I will never stop fighting, I can promise you that. https://t.co/6F1GuZe5Up— Kari Lake (@KariLake) March 6, 2023
KARI LAKE “ENTERTAINS” SENATE RUN:
- If Kari Lake fails to receive a “decent ruling” in her election lawsuit, she may pursue a Senate run.
- Lake’s statement came on Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk’s show, Real America’s Voice.
- Kirk asked Lake if she would ever “entertain” the idea of running for Arizona senator, to which Lake explained that while she is “entertaining” the idea, her “number one priority” is the election lawsuit case.
- “I represent we the people, and if they want us gone so badly that they’re willing to steal an election then I’m not going to let them have that, I won’t go away,” Lake said.
“They want our movement to go away.”@KariLake joins @CharlieKirk11 to weigh in on her lawsuit and a possible run for U.S. Senate in Arizona.— Real America’s Voice (RAV) (@RealAmVoice) February 6, 2023
Watch LIVE ➡️ https://t.co/AOtHV4zjmr
Watch #TheCharlieKirkShow here: https://t.co/0vTH11em18 pic.twitter.com/MBSXu5JnBR
- Kari Lake recently claimed at the 2023 Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) that she was offered a bribe to stay out of politics for two years.
- Lake explained how someone showed up at her door and offered her a “job title, with a huge salary, a position on a board.”
- Lake told the person to “let your handlers back east know that I can’t name a price, because there is no price that I would sell out my country for.”